Every year, St Pete Pride supports the community through giving a portion of our proceeds to local organizations. On average, St Pete Pride gives $25,000 a year to community partners who have a shared mission and envision a St. Petersburg that is inclusive, accessible, and diverse.
Community Grants Funding is OPEN
St Pete Pride’s Community Grants funding opportunity aims to support local nonprofit organizations serving the community needs in and around St. Petersburg. At its core our Community Grants further St Pete Pride’s mission to strengthen St. Petersburg’s legacy of inclusion and diversity, providing a safe space for the education, self-exploration, and celebration of our LGBTQIA+ community and allies. Projects may request a maximum amount of $10,000. Projects may be accepted at a lower funding amount than requested. Grantees will provide a report to St Pete Pride outlining how the funds were used, the impact of the funds, and any other pertinent information. Reports are due to St Pete Pride by November 30 of the following year. We are updating our Community Grants process to a community funding opportunity with an application cycle in October for the following calendar year. St Pete Pride will be moving towards one funding cycle in 2024, with an open call for applications for the following 12 months. All requests for funding, including event sponsorships, will be directed to the Community Grant Process.
Cycle One- October 10, 2023-November 9, 2023
Cycle Two- March 1, 2024- March 29, 2024
Future application cycles will be as follows:
Applications accepted from October 1st- October 22nd for the upcoming year.
2025 Applications Open October 1-22, 2024
2026 Applications Open October 1-22, 2025
Applications for the 2023/2024 community funding will be accepted from October 10th, 2023-November 9th, 2023. Organizations will be notified if they have been selected to receive funding by November 22nd, 2023. Chosen applicants will be invited to our annual Red & Green Holiday Fundraiser to share their project.
● Be a registered 501 © 3 organization
● Involve members of the St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay community
● Be free or not cost prohibitive
● Serve LGBTQIA+ or other historically marginalized groups
Special Consideration Given To:
● Organizations that work directly with LGBTQIA+ people, specifically Trans individuals, LGBTQIA+ youth, in St. Petersburg
● Organizations requesting funds under $2,500
● Organizations with budgets under $250,000
What we do not fund:
● Private Foundations
● Organizations not determined by the IRS to be a tax-exempt public charity under 501 © 3
● Political action of legislative advocacy groups
● Religious Organizations
● IRS 501 © 3 tax exemption documentation
● Signed W9
● Proof of Sunbiz Receipt
● Organizations Non-Discrimination Policy
● 1 page Organization Budget for current fiscal year
● Project Proposal (total 5 pages max)
○ Needs Statement (2 pages max)
■ Objective of the project/program/organization to be funded including a description of the work to be done to accomplish the objectives.
■ Proposed project outcomes
■ Who is being served
■ Community Involvement
○ Sustainability Statement (2 pages max)
■ Plans for future and continued funding
■ How the project will be evaluated and how that data will be shared
○ Project Budget (1 page max)
■ Amount Requested
■ Summary of how funds will be used
● Grant Submissions Open: October 10, 2023 5pm- November 9, 2023 5pm
● Community Q&A via email: October 10-October 20
Questions on the community grant process can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All questions and responses will be posted here: https://www.stpetepride.org/about/community-grants-info
● Organizations Notified via email-November 22
● Request for Information Sent- November 27
● Awards Announced- December 2
● Payment of Award- within 2 weeks of receipt of requested information
● Grant Report due to St Pete Pride- November 30, year following award receipt
Click here for a pdf of the Community Grants Process.
The contributions of our local partners enable us to achieve our mission of supporting the LGBTQIA+ community year round. Would you like to contribute to our cause?